Τετάρτη 9 Οκτωβρίου 2024

Father Panagiotis Tsiolis revealed to a sailor that he will become a priest!

 Maria, Kimon's sister, took the floor and testified about her own experience.  I met a priest with many children a while ago.  He has six children.  During the conversation I had with him, I referred to Fr. Panagiotis from Agrafa and told him some of my experiences related to Angeliki the flight attendant.  As soon as I finished, the priest said to me: "I also met him as a layman and he revealed to me immediately that I would become a priest.  Specifically, at the urging of a priest I know, many years ago we climbed Vrangiana.  The grandfather had agreed with the pope by phone and was waiting for us on Good Friday in Gouva.  He called the Pope to the Holy Step from the side door and I, as a layman, stopped short.  My grandfather beckoned me to come in too, telling me.  "Come in and you are one of us."

 I didn't understand then what he told me but I obeyed.  A month later I went on a boat because then I earned my living as a sailor.  We fell into very bad weather and the boat started taking on water.  I found myself in the sea caught by a long stick.  I looked at the cloudy sky and said a prayer.  "My Christ, save me and I promise you that I will become a priest", I chanted spontaneously.  I was picked up the next day by another ship that was sailing near us and had received the distress signal.  As soon as I returned, I told my wife, my priest now that I'm not going to barge again and how I'm going to become a priest"!  Then I realized the words of this holy grandfather from the Scriptures who said to me: "Come, you are one of us."  I had the honor to officiate with this holy man of God.  Live and experience Paradise during the Divine Liturgy.  It was obvious that he saw things that I could not see..."

 Source: "Pillar of Orthodoxy" no.  sheet 266, p.15